We’re heading back to the beach this summer for year two of our sun-kissed, beachside pop-up library program, SMPL at the Beach. We’ll be packing up the books and setting up shop on the sand to provide local beachgoers with great reads, family friendly programs, games, crafts and comfortable, shady places to relax! This program ties into the library’s strategic goals of cultivating wellbeing, fostering community connections and acting as a dynamic third place.
If this sounds like fun, then grab your towel and sunscreen and meet us on the beach from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm on:
- Friday, July 8 at the Annenberg Community Beach House, 415 Pacific Coast Hwy
- Saturday, July 23 on the beach at Dorothy Green Park
- Monday, August 15 at the Annenberg Community Beach House, 415 Pacific Coast Hwy
- Saturday, August 27 on the beach at Dorothy Green Park
- Saturday, September 10 on the beach at Dorothy Green Park
So bike, skate, blade, surf or just walk on down and join us! At Santa Monica Public Library at the Beach, we promise not to shush you. More info coming soon!