Santa Monica – The 88th Annual Summer Reading Program has officially ended, and the results are in!
- Amount of minutes read has increased compared to last year:
- Children and teens read over 2,400,000 minutes
- Adults read over 500,000 minutes
- Completion rate is higher than ever:
- 43% of youth finished the program by reading 15 hours (kids) or 30 hours (teens). Last year’s completion rate was 39%
- This is the first year that over 2,000 youth have completed the program (2,075)
- Teen completion rates jumped from 25% to 32%
- Adults had a 36% completion rate by reading 20 hours
A big thank you to the Friends of the Santa Monica Public Library for sponsoring our Summer Reading Program and allowing us spread the love of reading. We are excited that our numbers are increasing every year and hope everyone enjoyed reading. We cannot wait for next year’s Summer Reading Program!